Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Granted, I don't have a drop of Irish blood in my body, but during my conversion to the Catholic faith I have come to love the saints. Not that there's much GREEN outdoors right now....during the last 36 hours we've picked up a lovely blanket of white again. I actually got the morning off today in that the local YMCA isn't opening until noon. It was nice to sleep in instead of having to get there by 8:00!!

I'll work until 2:00, and then dash home to see if the Storm Queen is going to make her deadline for the library's young author's contest. Somehow I think that she may learn a hard lesson today about deadlines and procrastination, but then again, she may just get it done. We dropped off the Authoress' manuscript on Thursday, and I really hope that the younger can get in under the wire. If so, we will most likely head to Red Robin for dinner afterwards to celebrate, in that we were supposed to go LAST weekend and postponed it for my birthday surprise.

The rest of the weekend will be spent doing a little cleaning and a lot of prep work for Monday. I need to record all the receipts I've collected before I turn them in for reimbursement for the play, and then get ready for art classes.
Last night I decided I was too brain dead to work at all, so I did some scrapbooking on the girls' portfolios....it was a relaxing way to still get something productive done. I also hope to finally get a preliminary blogroll up and posted with my Ape husband's help.

Oh well, off to help shovel.......errrggghhhh!

No comments: