Saturday, March 10, 2007

A VERY nice surprise!

Well, just when I think I can't love my husband anymore than I already do, he goes and surprises me. Earlier this week we had decided to take the girls out for dinner tonight so that I wouldn't have to do dishes on my birthday. We had planned on just going to Red Robin and decided an early dinner was best to beat the crowd.

We left around 4:00 and headed that way, but he didn't make the turn where he should have. Almost simultaneosly they all started laughing....and informed me that we were REALLY en route to my friend's house in Wilson where the chidren would be "deposited" for an evening of pizza and ice skating, while my Ape man and I would be dining at a restaurant we hadn't been to in over 8 years, but which had always been a favorite.

After coming home to change, we dined alone with our favorite meals...and I fell in love with him all over again. It's little things like this that have blessed our marriage of almost 16 1/2 years, and I'm still amazed at how a little surprise can do so much. Even though I'm a bit behind on planning for Monday's teaching, it was well worth it to have some true quality time with my very best friend in the world.....who I'm lucky to also call confidante, lover, and husband.

Thanks, love, for a memorable birthday......(oh yeah, the kids had a blast, too!)

1 comment:

Mother Crone's Homeschool said...

You are a treasure dear, and he is just a very wise man to know how to treat you as one! I am so happy for you, and so glad your day was everything it should be!