Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A visit to my GYN....and a prayer request

Well, this morning I had to go back to my GYN as a follow up to an appointment I had a few weeks back. I've been menopausal for several years, and right around the holidays I had some bleeding, so I wanted to have it checked. Today she did a test whereby a cathater was inserted through the cervix to scrape a few samples of uterine tissue.....it's a "less invasive" procedure than a D&C, and it didn't hurt TOO much. My doctor seemed to think that the results were positive as there was very little tissue lining retrieved. I have an ultrasound scheduled for May, and hopefully that will alleviate the REST of my concerns. In the meantime, I will wait for the results with a prayerful heart.

At times I am very aware of my own mortality. I have friends and acquaintances who have fought various maladies--some to lose the battle--and as I get older I realize that I am now in that age group where I am probably more than half way though my life. Being overweight and underactive just adds to the picture. For several years I have made progress in this area, and then backslide.....and I suspect it's a battle I'll fight until I take my last breath (I always said that my "perfect" body would be attained in heaven!) Today I visited an old favorite blog only to find that the blogger has just recently let the blog go due to uterine cancer. I cried for this person I have never met, and yet I consider her to be an old friend....when my old blog was active she was a daily visitor, and I often linked to hers as well. With my own test today, I am reminded that we are not here on this earth for the long haul. I ask that any of you who are praying types to please keep her in your prayers.

Now, I'm not being morbid, or thinking the worst.....it's just a recurring fear that comes and goes. No doubt it's my strongest fear. I guess that's largely due to the life I've chosen. As a homeschool mom, I have chosen to be here for my kids. No other choice in my life has taught me more about selflessness and giving....and I pray that I remain healthy throughout their school years. (And if God decides to bless me with longevity and grandchildren, then that's just fine, too!)

Oh wel, I think it best to get some sleep. My Storm Queen has a nasty cold and has just fallen asleep here on the couch, so I'd best try to get a few hours in as she's sure to wake up at some point during the night.

1 comment:

Mother Crone's Homeschool said...

I'm right on this one, my dear. And I completely understand your fear...as it is one running through the back of all our minds. I am going to hope that it is just a scare. Let me know if there is anything I can do!