Thursday, June 07, 2007

Late night curriculum planning

Maybe 3:30 AM isn't the best time to do curriculum planning for next year...the mind begins to intermingle different subjects and present odd scenarios.

Case in point: I was working on my "Geography Via Broadway" handout as well as typing more of my US History material, and at one point in "The King and I" the King and Anna are discussing President Lincoln's lack of elephants in America.....and the thought came to me...

How would Pickett's Charge in Gettysburg been different had the confederates been riding along on elephants instead of horses???

1 comment:

Dana said...

Interesting...yes, I think that is what my lessons would look like if I planned them that late. Or early, depending on your perspective.

My hubby was once fond of saying, "It's never late til midnight, and early after." Then we got married. And I guess there is something about leaving your teen years that makes those all nighters less attractive...