Thursday, September 06, 2007

A new room, AND a new schedule!

I'll soon post a photo of our newly painted living room, which is almost put back together again after our Labor Day week project. However, after a longer project than planned, and an earlier schedule done that had counted in Mon/Tue as school days, I realized yesterday that with the last bit of ceiling to still paint, we'd be THREE days behind by the end of the day.

And so, as teacher, I informed the girls that they had this week off, and that our previously scheduled week off in October was now a school week. That simple. No stress, no panic....just erasing some dates in the log and changing the dates for the next few weeks. Sometimes the flexibility of homeschooling is so refreshing!

Today I finish putting my DINING room back together (where everything had been moved around to make room for the living room!), and get ready for the beginning of Learning Center next week. Much of that prep work is done already, with some stuff already in the car, so another day or so and we'll be ready to go.

The BEST part of the week is that fall weather is hinting more and more...the nights are cool, and the days are no longer brutally hot. I even heard geese flying this week....I do love this upcoming time of year!

2 comments:

Mother Crone's Homeschool said...

I am so glad you are getting all your ducks in a row before Monday! I feel much more like a chicken these days (the type that run around with their head chopped off), but I am almost prepared as well.
Welcome fall!

PlainCatholic said...

Aye, somehow the fresh paint smell is associated with fresh starts as well. Good on you for the initiative!

Plain Catholic
http://plaincatholic.blogspot.com/