Monday, September 03, 2007

Our Labor Day project

My husband had decided that this would be a good weekend to paint the living room, and after some early moments of dread, I decided that five days of chaos and hard work would be worth the end result.

As of now, the first coat is done, and by the end of tomorrow we should be finished. The room looks bigger and cleaner already....the walls are bright and new looking with a coat of off white (actually "swiss coffee" is the shade name), and although we are all tired and a bit cranky from the upset in our routine and the chaos of everything moved, we are all doing okay. I'm looking forward to being back in the living room, sitting on a futon now covered with books and draped with plastic....but for NOW, it's time for coffee and more painting!

1 comment:

Mother Crone's Homeschool said...

I can't wait to see it!
BTW, was the selection of Swiss Coffee subliminal, or are you just trying to be like me? That is the color I had painted our living room too!