Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Jane Austen goes to Hogwarts....

Only in America! Tonight my darling daughters headed out trick or treating with their Dad....one as a witch/wizard type of character from Hogwarts as my almost 9 yr old totally fascinated with Harry Potter right now. My almost 14 Authoress chose to don a Georgian type outfit and go as Jane Austen. I even picked up a hat and added ribbons and a gorgeous feather display....she truly looked like she was heading off for an evening with Mr. Darcy!

Our plans for Colonial Day are shaping up. We got the invitations stained with coffee to look more like parchment, and they are now distributed. I've picked up fabric for aprons and coifs, and quill feathers to make pens. All I need now is to pick up a few scrap bundles of assorted quilt materials for their quilt squares. We will have this festive day on November 14....until then, I'll be busy sewing up aprons and cutting out poppet designs.

Earlier today the Authoress and I joined a ocuple of friends to attend a theater production of "The Crucible" at a local community college. The acting was top rate and the play was riveting. Even the area public high schoolers -- who we've often seen talk through various other theater productions we attend -- were totally focussed on the drama unfolding before them. The play was LONG (2 1/2 hours), but it went by so quickly. My daughter said it was good, but she still prefers Shakespeare!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sounds like a wonderful yet full day for all! You must bring pics of the costumes...

I am going to have to rethink the community college productions...a great bargain for us.