Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back among the living!!!

Today was like Christmas at our house! Our computer quietly died in its sleep well over a week ago--luckily it was show week for me so I didn't have time to miss it too much--and today our new one arrived.

One of my students -- an incredibly gifted kid in technology -- and his dad built us a new one, and now in the wee hours of the morning I can get a quick post up. This new machine has so many bells and whistles that it will take weeks just to find them all!
They were also able to retrieve everything from the old hard drive, and took both old computers to rebuild one of them for a second computer station down the road.

Getting to know this family has been a joy; they are caring, intelligent people with similar interests and views on homeschooling. They have fast become special friends, and for that I am grateful.

for now, I am going to take my cough medicine and try to sleep. AFter weeks of running on adrenaline for the show, I came down with bronchitis within two days of it being over. Yesterday I headed to the doctor and got some cough medicine with codeine, and I've been able to sleep for up to 4-5 hours at a time now. I'm definitely on the mend!