Friday, May 16, 2008

One chapter ends, and another begins

Today was a big day for me, not just because it was out "official" last day of school, but because of a huge decision I've made in the past two weeks about my homeschooling vision for next year. For the past five years I've taught at a weekly learning center, and a couple of weeks back I was asked to join a few teachers that were leaving to begin a new coop in the surrounding area as a board member and teacher. After a lot of prayer, I truly felt that God was leading me in this new direction.

Tonight I sent my letter of resignation to the director, as well as a letter of explanation to all the families that I've worked with. I know that a few families will no doubt follow to the new place as it's closer to their home and a bit cheaper, but I will truly miss many of those families that I am leaving. In my heart I believe that the area is big enough to sustain several different groups, and that both will survive as homeschooling grows. However, I'm truly excited about this new venture! Our vision is much more of a CO-OP approach, where I think all will feel important and a part of its success. In the midst of lots of planning, I'm also realizing how much work I still have to do for the classes I'll be teaching. I'm glad school's out for a month and half!

2 comments:

Patti Mahaney said...

We have been touched by your teaching, by your friendship and most importantly by the fact that you seek God in all that you do. He will bless you for that decision. We are blessed to have you as a friend. Turn the page a new chapter begins ...

Angela said...

Feeling your joy and excitement as we move forward....
I hope this feeling of energy stays ,as my normal to-do list has tripled as well!