Saturday, May 24, 2008

Scripture Saturdays

Scripture Saturday – Psalm 19

(from Monday's readings this week)

R. (9a) The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.
The law of the LORD is perfect,
refreshing the soul;
The decree of the LORD is trustworthy,
giving wisdom to the simple.

R. The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.
The precepts of the LORD are right,
rejoicing the heart;
The command of the LORD is clear,
enlightening the eye.

R. The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.
The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever;
The ordinances of the LORD are true,
all of them just.

R. The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.
Let the words of my mouth and the thought of my heart
find favor before you,
O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

R. The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


This has always been one of my favorite psalms; I especially love it when it's the Sunday Responsorial Psalm and I can sing it to God. This week has involved a lot of discernment – which is still ongoing – regarding the location of the new co-op I'll be teaching at. We started with a small church saying “yes”, and realized quickly that we would need something bigger. One morning I just started sending emails out to bigger churches in the area that could accommodate us, and told God “it's all yours...we trust you”. This week that trust has led us along several paths, but God's guiding hand is so evident along the way. I know that in the end He will lead us directly to the spot that He has prepared for us.

The command of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eye. Lead on, Lord!!

No comments: