Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

Today is the day that I give thanks with my new blog format.....and at the moment the Storm Queenis having a major temper tantrum over a pen, lying on the couch with her head under a pillow, ranting about all that's wrong with the world and this family. Okay, Lord, I'm thankful that they don't come as often and don't last as long......does that count?

In all seriousness, I'm SO thankful for my beautiful daughters; they have taught me more about selfless love than anyone else on earth, along with my Ape husband. I'm thankful for my family, immediate and extended. I'm thankful for some truly special friends that have come into my life in the past year or two, as well as some that remain cherished from a quarter century ago.

First and foremost, I'm thankful for my faith, which is what gives my life meaning, purpose,and true happiness.

I can even give thanks for the four furry felines that wake me in the night, throw up around the house, and get cat hair on whatever items that are most opposite in color from themselves (we have black and white cats, so they are always sure to pick the color that will show off their beauty the most!).....

Life is good.....even amidst the chaos!

2 comments:

Patti Mahaney said...

And we are thankful for you too...
Isn't it amazing how a little time of gratitude puts everything into perspective. Thanks for reminding me to get back into the habit of being thankful for what God has blessed me with in my life. I will even be thankful for the things and people that stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. This is a great format. It will be interesting to see what happens in your life on Wednesdays so that you can share it on THursdays.

Angela said...

I am forever thankful for you, my dear. Not just as my friend, but as my children's teacher, and the loving example you provide for all those you touch.
I am very thankful, too, for your patience and gentle wisdom, that has helped me draw closer to my faith.
And now, I am going to be thankful for some silence....;)