Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What's Cookin'? Wednesday -- Crustless Quiche

As my bronchitis seems to have returned a month later, I'm feeling a bit under the weather this week. Yesterday my thoughts turned to favorite "comfort" foods for when I'm sick -- including things like soup, mashed potato, eggs, and anything warm & creamy. Yesterday at lunch I made this quick quiche, so I thought it easy to share it today! It's
an old family favorite from my childhood. Although I don't used the BISQUICK all that often as an adult, I usually have a small box on hand for quick dishes every now and then.

CRUSTLESS QUICHE -- Preheat oven to 400

Use whatever "fillings" you want, and chop them up and put them on the bottom of your pie plate. I used chopped onion and pepper yesterday, but you can use any vegetable and/or meat combination.

Cover with a generous layer of cheese (any flavor)

Mix together 3 beaten eggs, 1 1/2 cups of milk, and 3/4 cup of BISQUICK. Pour over other ingredients and bake for 35-40 minutes.

I usually serve with salad and fruit.

Great warmed up in the microwave the next day.

No comments: