Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Even the cats have spring fever....

Or maybe CABIN fever is more accurate! Our two felines have been racing around the house (and we have a SMALL house!) for the past couple of hours, and yet they still have no desire to head outside this early into the rain.

All of us have been feeling "cooped up" for the past week, which is why it was so nice to get back to the co-op for the day yesterday. My English Composition students got their rough drafts in on time (with the exception of one, who wasn't there), and so I'll be grading extensively this week. I am still amazed at the breadth of topices that were chosen for their research papers; I love teaching the older kids, as their individual personalities propel them in all different topic directions.

In trying to re-enter the blogging world, I'm going to try the same structure that my blog had, which means that today is "What's Cookin' Wednesdays". I'll pull out my crock pot today and throw together my "Fuss Free Chili"...I'm the only one that eats chili in this house, and I make a batch and freeze it in small containers. While I prefer the more "homemade" versions, this is a quick pantry version that's great for days when you don't have time to prepare the real thing. I use ground turkey, but ground beef can be used as well. I use kidney beans, but I've used other types of beans as well...

Brown lb. of ground turkey
Mix in slow cooker with one onion chopped up, one can beans, and one jar of salsa.
Cook 4-5 hours on low heat (you can use slow cooker or stove top), adding a can of mushrooms for last hour.

1 comment:

Karthi Keyan said...

Its fantastic explaintion lot of information gather it...nice article....
seo company in Chennai