Monday, August 30, 2010

Dentists are our FRIENDS...

I am briefly reminded of a short clip from one of the Disney movies where Bruce the shark tries to convince himself that fish are FRIENDS, and not food. Although I am by no means a cannibal, I still have a hard time convincing myself that my dentist is my FRIEND....a 20+ year phobia still exists, and even though I personally think my dentist is a wonderful man, I am just NOT looking forward to going -- EVER.

A couple of weeks ago I had a temporary crown put on a back molar, and when I went for the permanent cap, it was hurting every now and then. He filed it down a bit more and told me to give it another week. Well, that week is over, and much as I want to smile and tell a little lie and say "oh, yes, put that cap on; it feels great!", I know that I have to be a "big girl" and tell the truth. The result will most likely be another root canal, which I have decided is a form of torture that I'd trade in for many other things.....during the last one I sat and speculated on which of the Saints who were tortured would be best to pray to....I guess I'll have to start a new list today!